Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I Think I Know for Sure

 "We are addicted to struggle and it is killing us. Literally." That is the opening line of an email blast I'm working on to publicize our public course offering this October.  After writing that line I got scared.  How would a statement that provocative be received?  Would people challenge it, asking "How do you know that to be true?"  So I took a break from drafting the email and walked to the mailbox.  On my way I ran into my neighbor.  She shared with me that she has ovarian cancer.  I could see the fear in her eyes. 

She said, "I finally left work after nine years of working for a toxic boss and now I have this."  She asked, "Where did it come from?"  I didn't answer her, but I thought to myself, "I have an idea."

So I can't point to studies that show anger and resentment cause cancer, but the mind-body connection is so strong, that I believe it can.  And since we can't travel back in time and see if she would have developed cancer if she hadn't worked for this boss -- we might never know for sure. 

In any case, I believe if we can learn how to stop struggling in our lives, not only will our health improve but the texture of our lives will improve. 

Join us as we kick off this conversation on Wednesday, October 5, 2011.  Email Cindy at Cindy@DillonMarcus.com and register for our five week course taking place in South Jersey.  I promise you, it will be lifechanging.      

No comments:

Post a Comment